Tuesday, March 24, 2015

From Spain, With Love

Seeing as I have been home from Spain for 10 days now, I am overdue for an update post about my trip!
Our main goal while in Spain was to hold an English camp for the children in Parla, a smaller town in the southern part of Madrid, to help our partners create contacts and friendships in that area. Most of us spoke little to no Spanish and they spoke little to no English, so you can imagine the chaos that ensued. As the week went on, communication became easier and the for the children love grew deeper and after a week, the thought of going back to the states filled us with more sadness that joy. 
Towards the final days of the trip as exhaustion- both physical and emotional-set in, I was reminded of a verse in 2 Timothy.
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time for my departure is close. 
While this verse discussed Paul reaching the end of his life, our team found it easy to relate as we all felt we had been poured out ourselves. Coming home from Spain we were able to say that we had given the trip, our camp and the people all the time, effort and love we possessed.

I could go on and on about this trip and what it meant to me, but I figured you all would like to see some pictures too.




1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful cause to go to such a gorgeous country like Spain. Amazing pictures! If you have more, please show us! :)

    ReplyDelete